INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER DAY
Love contributing through the CFC, but wish you could do even more to give back?
New this year is the opportunity to volunteer for the causes you care about. Give of your time and talent to support your favorite causes through the CFC. Celebrate International Volunteer Day on Dec. 5 and donate your time by volunteering with a CFC charity.
How to get involved:
- Pledge volunteer hours through the campaign to extend your impact and build on your gift.
- Encourage co-workers, friends, and family to join you in giving back to help others.
- Need ideas? Make sandwiches for a community shelter. Read to children attending afterschool care in a low-resource neighborhood. Offer your specialized skills to a nonprofit organization like financial guidance, marketing strategy, or legal advice.
Working together, our volunteer hours make a significant difference for those in need. In 2016, about 63 million Americans gave 8 billion hours of volunteer service. Show Some Love and join the volunteer movement.
EXTRA MILE CHALLENGE
Go the Extra Mile for CFC charities! Show your support by either walking one mile for a cause or performing an act of service. Complete the challenge, share the video on Facebook, and challenge three other people to participate. It’s that simple! For more information, visit the Extra Mile Challenge page.
CAMPAIGN MANAGER RESOURCES
Integrate International Volunteer Day into your campaign plans.
- Use our flyer to promote International Volunteer Day
- Get your department or agency involved, with ideas from our toolkit.
Date of Event:
Tuesday, December 5, 2017 - 00:00